In the vast world of Monster Hunter, there are many aspects that hunters must master to succeed in their quests. One such element is “Affinity,” a crucial stat that affects a hunter’s performance in battle.
In this article, we will delve deep into the concept of affinity in Monster Hunter Now, exploring what it is, how it works, and its impact on your hunting endeavors.
Understanding Affinity in Monster Hunter Now
Affinity can be described as a measure of a weapon’s critical hit rate.
It plays a pivotal role in determining how often your attacks will land critical hits, resulting in increased damage output.
In essence, affinity represents the probability of a weapon dealing more damage beyond its base value.
The Basics of Affinity
To grasp the concept better, think of affinity as a percentage. Weapons in Monster Hunter Now can have both positive and negative affinity values.
Usually ranging from -100% to +100%. Here’s how it works:
- Positive Affinity: When a weapon has positive affinity, it has a chance to deal critical hits, inflicting extra damage. For instance, a weapon with +20% affinity has a 20% chance to land a critical hit with each attack.
- Negative Affinity: Conversely, negative affinity decreases your chances of landing critical hits. A weapon with -20% affinity will have a 20% chance of dealing reduced damage on an attack.
Affinity and Weapon Types
Affinity is not uniform across all weapon types in Monster Hunter Now.
Each weapon category has its own unique characteristics when it comes to affinity.
- Great Swords: Great Swords typically have lower affinity rates, but their high raw damage compensates for this.
- Long Swords: Long Swords tend to have higher affinity rates, making them well-suited for critical-focused builds.
- Bows: Bows often have positive affinity, emphasizing precise aiming for critical hits.
- Heavy Bowguns: Heavy Bowguns may have varying affinity rates, depending on the specific weapon.
Affinity and Armor Skills
In Monster Hunter Now, hunters have the ability to customize their playstyle through armor skills.
Some armor sets provide bonuses related to affinity, enhancing a hunter’s critical hit potential.
One of the most notable skills is “Critical Eye,” which increases affinity.
The higher the level of Critical Eye, the more your affinity improves. This skill is popular among hunters aiming for consistent critical hits.
In the world of Monster Hunter, affinity is a vital factor that influences your hunting prowess.
Understanding how it works and its impact on your weapon choice can significantly improve your hunting experience.
Whether you prefer high-risk, high-reward critical hits or a more consistent approach, affinity plays a crucial role in shaping your strategy.
How can I increase the affinity of my weapon?
You can enhance weapon affinity through various methods, such as using armor sets with Critical Eye skills, equipping decorations, or selecting weapons with inherent positive affinity.
Does affinity affect ranged weapons as much as melee weapons?
Affinity affects both melee and ranged weapons, but the impact may vary depending on the weapon type. Some ranged weapons naturally have higher affinity than melee weapons.