If you are playing Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade on PC/Laptop, you may not know that you can change the mode from DirectX 12 to DirectX 11.
By changing the mode to DirectX 11, you might be able to make the frame rate (FPS) higher and more stable when you play the game,because the game runs in DirectX 12 mode by default.
There are 2 ways to turn on DirectX 11 mode in the game Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade on PC/Laptop Windows.
You can see the steps below.
How to Enable DirectX 11 Mode on FF7 Remake PC via Epic Games
Here’s how to enable DirectX 11 mode in the PC version of Final Fantasy 7 Remake:
1. Launch the Epic Games Launcher on your PC or laptop running Windows 10/11
2. Next, click on your profile picture icon in the top right corner
3. Select the “Settings” option
5. Check the box labeled “Additional Command Line Arguments.”
6. Then, add the following line of code, “-dx11,” as shown in the image above
How to Run Final Fantasy 7 Remake in DirectX 11
To enable DirectX 11 mode through a file explorer, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the desktop shortcut for the game “Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade.”
- Choose “Open file location.”
- Navigate to the file location “Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\EOS.”
- Right-click on the “epic_emu” file and edit it using Notepad.
- Add the line of code “-dx11” to the section that reads “AppName=FFVIIRemakeIntergrade,” making it look like this:
[Settings] ### Application name ### AppName=FFVIIRemakeIntergrade -dx11 ### Language that will be used in the game ### Language=en
- Now, you can save the settings in the file.
- This will activate DirectX 11 mode for the game “Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade.
That’s the information about how to run the game Final Fantasy 7 Remake PC with Direct X 11 Mode. I hope it can help you as a reference.